[Tibeto-burman-linguistics] Himalayan Linguistics, Volume 23, Issue 1, 2024 now published [with links]

Lauren Gawne lauren.gawne at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 01:46:04 UTC 2024

We are delighted to announce the publication of Himalayan Linguistics 23(1)
<https://escholarship.org/uc/himalayanlinguistics/23/1>. We also have a new
archive piece that has been published. The publication of HL23(1) marks 20
years of Himalayan Linguistics, which we commemorate with an editorial from
current and former editors, narrating the founding of Himalayan Linguistics
as a Diamond Open Access journal.

*Himalayan Linguistics, Volume 23, Issue 1, 2024*

https://escholarship.org/uc/himalayanlinguistics/23/1

Editorial: Twenty years of Himalayan Linguistics

Lauren Gawne, Gregory Anderson, You-Jing Lin,  Kristine A. Hildebrandt,
Carol Genetti,

Spoken and sung vowels produced by bilingual Nepali speakers: A brief
comparison

Arnav Darnal,

A corpus-based study of cassifiers and measure words in Khortha

Netra P. Paudyal

The grammar and meaning of atemporal complement clauses in Assamese: A
cognitive linguistics approach

Bisalakshi Sawarni, Gautam K. Borah

Possessive prefixes in Proto-Kusunda

Augie Spendley

Expressing inner sensations in Denjongke: A contrast with the general
Tibetic pattern

Juha Sakari Yliniemi

*Archives and Field Reports*

Facts and attitudes: on the so-called ‘factual’ markers of the modern
Tibetic languages [HL ARCHIVE 14] https://escholarship.org/uc/item/5qw4188m

Bettina Zeisler