Gender in Hindi

Kira Hall kira.hall at YALE.EDU
Wed Oct 6 01:50:36 UTC 1999

          John Peterson, University of Munich, Germany

Dear South Asian Linguists:

I'm compiling a list of articles/works on the subject of linguistic gender
in Hindi, preferably from the standpoint of sociolinguistics or discourse
analysis, although I'm interested in work from other fields as well.  I
wondered if any of you on the South Asian Linguists List have read,
written, or know about articles or texts in this area (e.g. if you have
any favorites, or if you consider some texts particularly important, and
so forth).  If so, I'd be very interested in hearing from you, at
kira.hall at yale.edu.  I'll send up a bibliography to the list after I'm
finished.

Many thanks,

Kira Hall