LINGUIST Fund Drive

Michael Quinion words at QUINION.COM
Wed Apr 5 16:58:45 UTC 2000

You may know that the World Wide Words list is hosted as a free
service by the LINGUIST list at Eastern Michigan University in
the USA. In the 15 months since that association began, World
Wide Words has grown from about 3,000 subscribers to more than
8,000; it is now the largest list hosted on the system after the
LINGUIST list itself. The message below has arrived from the
moderators of that list and I ask you to give it your attention.

-- Michael Quinion
Editor, World Wide Words

----------------- copy of forwarded message --------------------