[ACLA-CAAL] Invitation to a study: language teachers' use of multimedia

Tetyana Sydorenko tsydorenko at pdx.edu
Wed Sep 16 23:31:40 UTC 2020

Dear Colleagues,

We hope you are managing the new realities of this year relatively well.

We are looking for teachers of a variety of second and foreign languages to
complete a survey (with an optional interview) on their use of multimedia
in language teaching. We would like to survey language teachers across the
globe. The survey takes about 20-30 minutes to complete, depending on how
much additional information participants provide.

While a large body of theoretical research exists on multimedia and
language learning, we know very little about language teachers’ day-to-day
practices. With this study, we hope to begin bridging the gap between
research and practice. If you might be interested in participating:

·         the consent statement is here
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ijgleNzlQJNdDykgnZzbaB1S9_TLQVKyZX0bk9QzJ8Y/edit?usp=sharing>
(or click on the link below)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ijgleNzlQJNdDykgnZzbaB1S9_TLQVKyZX0bk9QzJ8Y/edit

·         the survey can be accessed here
<https://portlandstate.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_b72JPFY36x7iAvj> (or click
on the link below)

https://portlandstate.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_b72JPFY36x7iAvj

·         a longer description of the study is provided here
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DMr84we-a9fblApvYrzN_8zsJW_EDVVXHP8kYLcOcgw/edit?usp=sharing>
(or
click on the link below)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DMr84we-a9fblApvYrzN_8zsJW_EDVVXHP8kYLcOcgw/edit?usp=sharing

We would be also extremely grateful if you could help us spread the word
about this study.

Thank you very much for considering!

Tetyana Sydorenko, Department of Applied Linguistics, Portland State
University (Portland, Oregon)
Maribel Montero Perez, Department of Linguistics, Ghent University (Gent,
Belgium)

---

Tetyana Sydorenko, Ph.D.
she-her-hers

Assistant Professor
Department of Applied Linguistics
Portland State University
PO Box 751
Portland, OR 97207-0751 USA
Phone: (503) 725-2386
Fax: (503) 725-4139
Web: https://sites.google.com/view/tetyanasydorenko
<http://web.pdx.edu/~tsydo2/>

Physical address:
527 SW Hall St., Suite V335, Office #325B
Portland, Oregon 97201