Fwd: druthers

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Thu Aug 5 13:44:08 UTC 1999

Since Mark, our designated forwarder of relevant Linguist List queries,
hasn't gotten around to it yet, I thought I'd step in and forward this one.
The reanalysis of [I'd rather]>[druther(s)] is the sort of thing that there
must be intermediate evidence for, and early cites would no doubt be of
interest.
Replies, as usual, should go to the querier as well as (optionally) to us.