gummo

Mark_Mandel at DRAGONSYS.COM Mark_Mandel at DRAGONSYS.COM
Thu Jul 1 18:38:33 UTC 1999

Erin McKean <emckean at VERBATIMMAG.COM> writes:

Has anyone been hearing "Gummo" used to describe pointlessly banal
Midwestern existence or generally, a bad thing? Obviously from the
Harmony Korine movie (I must admit the trailer was so awful I felt no
desire to see the movie!), but one of the singers for the band Citizen
King was quoted in a gossip column in the Chicago Tribune as using it.

I'm just curious as to the currency.
<<<

"Obviously"... What movie? Who's Harmony Korine?

I know "Gummo" only as the (vaudeville) stage name of the fifth Marx brother,
who I don't think was ever in the movies. Hypothesis: from that to something
like a 'fifth wheel', of no interest or use.

-- Mark