new louisiana law mandates polite address in schools

Scott or Pafra Catledge scplc at COMMUNIQUE.NET
Fri Jul 9 01:14:17 UTC 1999

If parents have not taught their children to show proper respect to others, particularly but not exclusively adults, then the child is handicapped in social interaction, especially with adults.  Some few will have enough drive and intelligence to pick up manners from those who were blessed with competent parents.  As for uniforms, a majority (I believe it's 2/3s) of the parents voting at each school must agree on having uniforms.  Children and teenagers are mugged and killed for or because of a particular item or color of clothing being worn; however, some feel that such mugging and murders do not justify uniforms.  With such individuals, most of us cannot and will not debate the issue because we have no common moral ground.