new term?

Fred Shapiro fred.shapiro at YALE.EDU
Tue Jul 13 02:16:44 UTC 1999

On Mon, 12 Jul 1999, D. Ezra Johnson wrote:

> The term "Frankenfood" was coined by Paul Lewis, who is a professor of
> English at Boston College (and a friend of my family).

Do you have any documentation for this assertion?  Few alleged coinages
hold up under scrutiny.

Fred R. Shapiro                             Coeditor (with Jane Garry)
Associate Librarian for Public Services     TRIAL AND ERROR: AN OXFORD
  and Lecturer in Legal Research            ANTHOLOGY OF LEGAL STORIES
Yale Law School                             Oxford University Press, 1998
e-mail: fred.shapiro at yale.edu               ISBN 0-19-509547-2