NYorker tells all re The reporter

Evan Morris words1 at WORD-DETECTIVE.COM
Fri Jun 4 02:36:39 UTC 1999

At 10:02 PM 6/3/99 , David Bergdahl wrote:
>Bob Fitzke wrote:
>
>> Bethany K. Dumas wrote:
>>
>> > See the essay "Beltway Bluestocking" (about Meg Greenfield), 92-94, esp.
>> > p. 93:
>> >
>> >                 The Reporter is almost forgotten today......
>>
>> Another "almost forgotten" is "The Realist". A liberal-type periodical
with a
>> Lenny Bruce attitude. Anyone else remember it?
>
>Most certainly. . . and you didn't have to be a fan of marilyn murray
o'hare to
>enjoy it!

There was a hardback compilation of Realist articles published in the early
70s, I believe.  I have one here somewhere.  I think Paul Krassner (who was
pretty much the entire staff) is still around.

--
Evan Morris
words1 at word-detective.com
http://www.word-detective.com