NYorker tells all re The reporter

Larry Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Fri Jun 4 14:10:12 UTC 1999

David Bergdahl <bergdahl at OAK.CATS.OHIOU.EDU> wrote:

>> Another "almost forgotten" is "The Realist". A liberal-type periodical
>>with a
>> Lenny Bruce attitude. Anyone else remember it?
>
>Most certainly. . . and you didn't have to be a fan of marilyn murray
>o'hare to
>enjoy it!
And while we're reminiscing, besides Krassner's Realist (the apogee of
whose porno-scato-subversive modus operandi was an incredibly over-the-top
fantasy featuring LBJ and the corpse of JFK set on the plane returning from
Dallas to Washington after the assassination), I have fond memories of the
Evergreen Review, also long defunct.  (It did go downhill after a while,
but it was pretty good there for a few years.)

Larry