Tech: Re: X-POSTED

Andrea Vine andrea.vine at ENG.SUN.COM
Thu Jun 10 21:16:19 UTC 1999

The date which matters is the server date, not the client date.

Andrea

}Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 04:53:43 -0500 (CDT)
}From: Joseph McCollum <prez234 at JUNO.COM>
}Subject: Re: X-POSTED
}To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
}Comments: To: linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
}
}On Thu, 10 Jun 1999 08:52:41 -0400 Alan Baragona <baragonasa at VAX.VMI.EDU>
}writes:
}>X-POSTED
}>
}>I just received the following disturbing message from the LINGUIST
}>e-list.  Is the listserv software for this list also affected?
}>
}>"LINGUIST has had some bad news.  The developers of listserv software
}>have admitted that the version which LINGUIST runs is not Year 2000
}>compliant.  As most of you know, listserv is an email-list management
}>program--the only one, to our knowledge, able to handle a list the
}>size of LINGUIST.  And, as most of you can easily imagine, a Y2K Bug
}>could play havoc with a date-oriented operation like LINGUIST.  So we
}>have no choice but to upgrade to the newest version of listserv.  But
}>an upgrade costs $2500."
}
}Let's test it.  I have just changed the date in my PC to Jun 10, 2000.
}(I have altered the date before on my PC, sent messages to other
}listservs, and the message would get through fine.)

Andrea Vine
Sun Internet Mail Server i18n architect
avine at eng.sun.com
Romanes eunt domus.