Listserv

Natalie Maynor maynor at CS.MSSTATE.EDU
Thu Jun 10 22:21:28 UTC 1999

> Looks like by the mail headers that it's already been switched to 1.8d (rather
> than 18.d, which would mean somebody's been cranking out code like crazy).

Eek.  Not only did I write 18.d, but I also mentioned 18.c in the same posting.
Eric Thomas is very good, but not quite *that* good.  (Or I guess you could
call it bad rather than good if he needed to change Listserv that often.)

You're right, though.  The headers do indicate that the change has already
occurred.  For some reason I had the impression that the list migration
was being done gradually -- that they were moving lists to a new server
running 1.8d, which is in fact the case, but that some lists had already
been moved and others (including ADS-L) hadn't.

The important point, however, is that we don't have anything to worry about.
UGA is one of the busiest Listserv sites and stays up to date.
   --Natalie (maynor at ra.msstate.edu)