Writing question

A. Vine avine at ENG.SUN.COM
Sat Nov 13 00:18:48 UTC 1999

I believe the underlying theme in folks' complaints about computer documentation
is consistency in terminology, along with capitalization.  One of the many other
corrections I write up has to do with terminology and syntax consistency.  This
is particularly important in the world of translation (not my world but a
concern thereof.)

Someone (maybe Tom Kysilko?) was saying that he would expect computer commands
to be capitalized in doc, or written the way they are in programming.  I would
too, but not all computer _terms_ are commands.  Consider that I am dealing with
messages which look like:

The File you are Accessing is not Found.

Argh.  (I should get a parrot for my shoulder.)

anDrEA