TIME OUT NY's Eating & Drinking

Grant Barrett gbarrett at AMERICANDIALECT.ORG
Thu Nov 18 13:06:57 UTC 1999

On Wednesday, November 17, 1999, Bapopik at AOL.COM wrote:

>The July 22-29, 1999 issue, pages 21 and 23, listed recipes of
>these
>drinks from these places:

>PIMM'S CUP (Blackbird bar)
>WHITE PEACH FADEAWAY (Michael Jordan's Steakhouse NYC)
>RED CAT COCKTAIL (The Red Cat)
>ISLAND PUNCH (Negril)
>WHITE SANGRIA (Boca Chica)
>RED SNAPPER (A.K.A. BLOODY MARY) (St. Regis Hotel)
>PINK LEMONADE (27 Standard)
>MOJITO (L-Ray)

I'd like to clarify on Barry's behalf that these drinks were not (necessarily)
invented by the establishments listed next to them.

Pink Lemonade is a standard drink taught in bar-tending classes (assuming its the
same Pink Lemonade).

I've had a Mojito in a coupla different bars, and as it is a rum and mint drink, I
think it more likely to have originated in Puerto Rico or Cuba or at least a Puerto
Rican or Cuban bar.

A Pimms Cup can be had about every third decent place, judging by the results of my
friend who drinks Pimms Cups when she can get them (compare to Pink Pimms and Pimms
and Lemonade). Pimms is the brand name.

Perhaps Time Out only meant to say, For these drinks, go to these bars that
specialize in them. At least in the case of the Mojito, the best one in New York City, and
I'm a rum drinker, is at Baraza on Avenue C.

--
Grant Barrett

http://www.worldnewyork.com/