Peep show; Pokemon; Pitza; Trillion; Alphabet stock

Bruce Dykes bkd at GRAPHNET.COM
Mon Nov 22 04:43:38 UTC 1999

-----Original Message-----
From: Bapopik at AOL.COM <Bapopik at AOL.COM>
To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
Date: Friday, November 19, 1999 6:22 PM
Subject: Peep show; Pokemon; Pitza; Trillion; Alphabet stock

>PEEP SHOW
>
>"This ain't no peep show."
>--ad in today's New York City newspapers for the new LOEWS 42nd St. E
Walk's
>13 screens.

"They dont smoke,
    They don't drink.
They'll turn this town into a mall, and I don't know what to think."

They Don't Smoke (Nueva Broadway) - Buster Poindexter

>PITZA (A "HYBREAD")
>
>     From the New York Daily News, "The Top 40" restaurants, 19 November
>1999, pg. 78, col. 1:
>
>Under $10
>(...) 2. Zaytoons
>Pitza is a "hybread" of pita and pizza.  The definitive combo is the
>lahambajin, comprising ground lamb, onion, tomato and spices.  There's also
>Middle Eastern version (lamb, merguez, parsley).  Or you can stick with the
>Italian (tomato sauce, mozzarella, garlic).  283 Smith St., at Sackett St.,
>Brooklyn, (718) 875-1880.

Calling it "pide" would've been too pedestrian, I suppose. Pide is pretty
much the national food of Turkey. As much as hamburgers are the national
food of the US. Cooked on a flatbread that can be so flat as to be rollable,
or with some leavening, and available with as many toppings as can be found
on pizzas, such as eggs, lamb, pastirma, cheese, vegetables, et al.

For those in the northern New Jersey area, I can provide my personal
favorite supplier of pide...

Bruce