"Japan, Inc." in today's WSJ

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Thu Apr 27 12:54:46 UTC 2000

    An interesting article on the term "Japan, Inc."--an outdated term?--is
in today's Wall Street Journal, page one, center column.
    There is an Asian Wall Street Journal, but not one of Japan's convenience
stores (konbini) carried it!

"PLAGIARISM" POSTAGE STAMPS (continued)

    I haven't formally suggested American Dialect postage stamps (ADS
officers and others can write to the Citizens' Stamp Advisory Committee, c/o
Stamp Development, U.S. Postal Service, 475 L'Enfant Plaza, SW, Room 4474E,
Washington, DC 20260-2437).  I did notice this letter from Terrence W.
McCaffrey, Manager, Stamp Development, USPS in my post-Japan vacation mail:

    Thank you for your recent letter expressing support for the issuance of a
commemorative stamp honoring Audrey Munson.  Please be assured that the
nomination of Audrey Munson will be placed before the Citizens' Stamp
Advisory Committee.  (...)

    This city doesn't deserve it.  Maybe I should copy the letter and attach
it to the Brooklyn Museum's Miss Manhattan and Miss Brooklyn statues with
some elephant dung?