Morse

Lyons, Jennifer M jlyons at NETMARKETGROUP.COM
Wed Aug 2 16:36:22 UTC 2000

Strange.
I grew up in Pittsburgh, and so did my mom.  I just moved to Columbus about
a year ago, and I hadn't heard the "Morris" ponunciation until this morning
(the WOSU traffic guy used it when talking about the road you mentioned).
I'll have to poll my locally-raised coworkers.

Why I never noticed that my mom pronounces it "Morris" and I don't, I'll
never know.  (I figured it out when she started calling that road "more-see"
road and I tried to correct her pronunciation.  She said, "Oh, so it's
Morris Road".  I replied, "No, Morse, like in Morse code" - and she said
"That's Morris code!")

Jen