Xmas bread

Robert S. Wachal robert-wachal at UIOWA.EDU
Mon Dec 4 19:19:11 UTC 2000

I don't believe that Jjule kage is braided.  The bread I have in mind
starts with a four-braid topped with a two braid then a tree braid then a
twisted single.  I am fairly sure it is Norwegian rather than Swedish.  It
wa readily available at Xmas time in Fargo North Dakota in the 40's and
50's.Any Norwegians out there or North Dakotans/Minnesotans?

At 05:26 PM 12/4/00 +0100, Jan Ivarsson wrote:
> [...]
December.