Anti-swearing law (off topic)

Lynne Murphy lynnem at COGS.SUSX.AC.UK
Fri Feb 18 20:14:05 UTC 2000

There's an article in today's on-line Chronicle of Higher Ed about (I think it
was) the California SC saying that you couldn't claim 1st amendment protection
for things you say anonymously.  The case is about a prof suing the univ that
fired him for writing anonymous letters that were critical or libelous of the
admin.  The court essentially said that since he never claimed to write the
letters, he couldn't claim protection for their contents.  So, perhaps there's
a law about anonymous swearing that could be upheld...

Lynne