on accident (shudder)

Sharon Vaipae lmedu at JPS.NET
Mon Jan 17 09:07:36 UTC 2000

>The math tutor has heard it, too.
>The principal has heard it and added that "We correct it when we
>encounter it."  (interesting!)

Raised in Iowa, but moved to CA in mid-70's as an adult. As mom and English
teacher,
I constantly corrected my CA-born son for "...on an accident,"  and thought
for many
years that it was an a version of his own making.  Now I'll have to discredit
that originality....but after 30 years he still says it, and it still jars me.

Sharon Vaipae

                The truth shall make you odd.
                                      -Flannery O'Conner