Idiom question

Bob Haas highbob at MINDSPRING.COM
Sat Jan 22 01:49:04 UTC 2000

While I didn't grow up on a farm, I grew up in a farming area near my
granddad's farm, and we all just said cows to refer to the group.  It was a
collective term,  BUT almost always that group was made up only of cows and
calves.  No bull.  A-hem, that is, the bulls were almost always segregated,
except for those very beautiful and special times.

But we all still talked about the whole caboodle as cows.