Idiom question

Bob Haas highbob at MINDSPRING.COM
Sat Jan 22 01:53:19 UTC 2000

But, Andrea, isn't pig truly generic, as opposed to cow or goose?  I mean,
isn't a female pig a sow?  That's what I say, when I want to make a
distinction.  Although, come to think about it, I guess a male pig is a pig.
I don't know of a special term off the top of my head for he-pig.  Isn't it
nice when we can think out loud?