Safire on "Rogue State"

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sat Jul 8 16:36:23 UTC 2000

   Yeah, I saw that, too.
   The Sheidlower article in BRILL'S CONTENT had me feeling sad.  First, I don't see what dictionaries have to do with a media magazine.  Second, William Safire was quoted.  It seems that the guy is still alive!  As I've said many, many times, the newspaper that has been the most cruel and nonsensical to me and my work is the one with the ADS member on it, that does a weekly column on language.
   So I turned on the tv, and there was Charles McGrath, the editor of the New York Times Book Review (you know, the guy who says failure to acknowledge sources is not plagiarism, so we'll censor your letter), talking about Harry Potter.
   Another coffee posting tonight, if I'm not too depressed.