Passing of William Moulton

Dfcoye at AOL.COM Dfcoye at AOL.COM
Thu Jun 15 01:26:53 UTC 2000

The Princeton papers announced today that William Moulton died yesterday,
virtually the same day as Fred Cassidy.   Professor Moulton was my advisor at
Princeton (I believe I was the last PhD candidate he worked with.  He was at
Princeton from 1960-79 and before that at Cornell.   During the WWII he was a
captain in the armed forces preparing guides to help servicemen and women
learn German.  He was renowned for his work in Swiss German, but he had an
avid interest in American dialects as well, and was a long-standing member of
ADS.   He was a great guy to work with and a terrific story-teller.
    Apparently he had been living in Exeter, NH where the service will be
held.

Dale Coye
The College of NJ.