"chain gang"

Joseph Carson samizdata at EARTHLINK.NET
Tue Mar 21 02:00:54 UTC 2000

Greetings to all ADS-Listers: There is the infamous "daisy chain," where
STDs are passed along on in "bunny-hop" fashion (like the dance line,) and
there is a name specific to the firefighting technique your citation
describes, but I can't recall or relocate it. - Joseph Carson

Lynne Murphy wrote: "The following is from the website of the Brighton (UK)
Evening Argus newspaper.  I call your attention to the use of "chain gang"
in the last paragraph that I've included here.  Here, "chain gang" seems to
mean a line of people passing things from one to another." ... <snip> ...