T & A; Big O

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Mon May 1 08:04:01 UTC 2000

    I just noticed that I had these antedates.

T & A

    The OED has 1972 for the full phrase, but indicates that Lenny Bruce used
the term.  He may have coined it.
    ROLLING STONE, 7 December 1968, pg. 6, col. 4, headline, "Tits 'n Ass LP
Brown-bagged in England."  The album, by Jimi Hendrix (R.S. showed the
disputed cover), was ELECTRIC LADYLAND.

BIG O

     The RHHDAS has 1968.  ESQUIRE, May 1966, pg. 123, col. 1: "And not just
any old orgasm counts, mind you.  It has to be the climax of climaxes, The
Quality, or simultaneous-multiple orgasm, referred to as The Big 'O' by those
who haven't yet achieved it and therefore feel compelled to devalue it."
     Time to get some sleep before I take my plagiarism case to the Public
Advocate and to new Daily News columnist A. M. Rosenthal.