QUERY: This one's gonna be fun...

Lynne Murphy lynnem at COGS.SUSX.AC.UK
Fri May 26 11:05:33 UTC 2000

> I've heard 'snogging' but that was peculiar to a weird group of
> friends. Snuggling? Or is that prior to first?
>

> --- Steve K.

Snogging is British, and probably comes to US through movies (Austin Powers?)
or music.

I can't remember what the students at Baylor used, but there was something that
was unfamiliar to me.  (damn.)  But the phrase that had really widespread usage
there (at other colleges too?) was DTR.  It's a stage in the dating process,
and stands for 'defining the relatioship'--it's after you've had a few dates
and want to know whether anything's going to come of it.

Lynne