fronted /oU/

Bob Haas highbob at MINDSPRING.COM
Fri Nov 3 20:33:33 UTC 2000

The actor's name is Emily Proctor, and I've noticed the interesting accent
that she brings to the role.  It's as if she's stretching out those vowels
in the words she means to emphasize, which is not a bad reproduction of some
of the speech patterns of folks that live here in NC.  But it does have a
Valley Girl bent to it that seems a touch odd to these southern ears.

bob