Underscore (was Dot)

L oki okl-word at JUNO.COM
Wed Aug 8 21:20:26 UTC 2001

On Mon, 6 Aug 2001 22:29:53 -0400 sagehen <sagehen at WESTELCOM.COM> writes:
> >Re:
>
>>I'm sure Borge would have had a word for it, but from one of his
>>other routines -- he would have called it an undernineteen.
>
>Simple / teen / would be even better, since any teen would qualify AND
>be one syllable.
>A. Murie

If you're refering to the original question of a one-syllable name, but
if you're aquainted with the Borge routine, you know he went _way out of
his way to subtract _exactly one from each number, not just to decrease
them willy-nilly. Note that it's "undernineteen", not just "nineteen"
being "under (a) score"
~Owen