Underscore (was Dot)

sagehen sagehen at WESTELCOM.COM
Wed Aug 8 22:45:56 UTC 2001

 Loki writes (re: teen):
>If you're refering to the original question of a one-syllable name, but
>if you're aquainted with the Borge routine, you know he went _way out of
>his way to subtract _exactly one from each number, not just to decrease
>them willy-nilly. Note that it's "undernineteen", not just "nineteen"
>being "under (a) score"
>~Owen

Yes, of course you're right.  I recognize the true Borgesque  quality, now
that you point it out.
Borge was a great favorite in my family when he first came to this country.
I seem to remember having a 78rpm Victor (!) record of his Red Ridinghood
(or Goldilocks?) routine with punctuation that I used to play on my wind up
Victrola in 1945.
A. Murie

A&M Murie
N. Bangor NY