Cook Book mystery (1941)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Fri Aug 10 03:12:17 UTC 2001

   Previously, I'd read about the unpublished and long-lost ENCYCLOPEDIA OF THE ENTERTAINMENT WORLD (1939).  I searched for it.  And I found it.
   Here's another mystery.  Where are these books?  Did the NEW HAVEN REGISTER record this author's death?  Any relatives still in New Haven?
   From the NEW YORK HERALD TRIBUNE, 23 February 1941, pg. 34, col. 6:

_Mrs. Charles Norton Dies;_
_Writer and Food Expert_
_Author of Special Articles;_
   _Compiled Cook Book_
   Mrs. Jeannette Young Norton, writer on foods and cookery and widow of Charles Norton, died yesterday at her home at 621 West 135th Street.  Mrs. Norton, who was born in New Haven, Conn., conducted newspaper columns and wrote special articles on food and other subjects of interest to women for many years.
   She wrote for King Features for many years and also for the old "New York World."  During the early days of motorized transportation she wrote a column called "Automobile Fads and Fancies."  During the last war she compiled a cookbook.  During recent years she had made an exhaustive study of the cookery in various parts of the world.  She was ready to publish a book on that native cookery of 157 nations.

(Where are these books?--ed.)