Alvarez & Kolker on Class

AAllan at AOL.COM AAllan at AOL.COM
Mon Aug 27 16:19:27 UTC 2001

If you remember the fine documentary video "American Tongues," you'll know
Louis Alvarez and Andy Kolker, who made it. Now they are about to present
"People Like Us: Social Class in America." It will be on PBS stations Sunday,
Sept. 23 at 9 p.m. EDT. I mention it because they did well with regional
dialects, and perhaps the voices in this video will be useful with social
dialects.

There is a website for the video at
http://www.pbs.org/peoplelikeus/

If you happen to be in New York City on Monday evening, September 10 and
would like to go to the world premiere at Florence Gould Hall, 55 E. 59th St.
at Madison Ave., I think I may be able to get you in. Send me a private
message at AAllan at aol.com.

- Allan Metcalf