ADS meeting

Michael Montgomery N270053 at VM.SC.EDU
Wed Jan 3 16:55:24 UTC 2001

Dear Dennis

I won't make it to Washington this weekend but will look forward
to seing everyone a year hence in San Francisco and to conferring
with you in the spring about advice on organizing the ADS program
for next year.  Already I have asked Patricia Cukor-Avila to think
about organizing a panel on accent and employability.

If it is not on the Executive Committee agenda fro Friday morning,
I would like for someone to raise the matter of the society doing
something to mark the life and contributions of Fred Cassidy.
Perhaps there would be time to form an ad hoc committee of 2-3
people who knew him well andt to suggest a few ideas at the meeting
that the committee might want to consider.  A special issue of
American Speech_ comes to mind as one possibility.

A bonnie new year to you and Carol,

Michael M