2K1

storkrn storkrn at EMAIL.MSN.COM
Thu Jan 4 00:29:03 UTC 2001

Drew Danielson wrote:

But K as a stand-alone "number", not coupled with a unit, is used in
popular culture _almost_ exclusively in computer terminology - like
"Meg" or "Gig".  The only example I can think of K being used as a
stand-alone value outside of computer-speak is the foot racing example I
mentioned before.  Are there other examples of this?

In medical-speak we talk about K calories but usually as Kcal per kilo (Kcal/Kg) though some do say K calories in writing
about the "concept" as opposed to the actual measurement.

Sharyn Hay storknurse