chad--background info from C. Jensen

Gerald Cohen gcohen at UMR.EDU
Sat Jan 6 17:30:13 UTC 2001

      Several days ago I posted a message from Mr. Chris Jensen about
his hearing the term "chad" in 1952 when training in the US Army's
teletype school. On Jan. 4 I received another message from him with
some interesting background information and will now present excerpts
(beneath my signature).

---Gerald Cohen