Phonebook Fajitas (1976-1979)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sun Jan 7 06:10:50 UTC 2001

   The Bell & Howell Phonebook Fiche has most US cities, but from about 1976.
   I checked the large Texas towns (Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, Austin, El
Paso) for "fajita."  There sure weren't a lot of hits.  None in Dallas.  None
in El Paso.  None in San Antonio.
   I hope I have the month correct.  It took me a while to realize that the
date of the white pages (usually December) isn't always the same as the date
of the yellow pages (usually earlier, such as June or October).  The year is
correct.

December 1976, AUSTIN, pg. 716, col. 1:
Gilberto's Restaurant
HUEVOS RANCHEROS . FAJITAS . DINNERS
CARNE GUISADA . MENUDO . STEAKS . CHICHARONES
1500 E 1st
476-7215
("Fajita" in ad was continued other years--ed.)

December 1977, AUSTIN, pg. 760, col. 1:
PARRIA TAPATIA
 CARNE QUESADA
 TACOS AL CARBON