Celtic (was: schedule --pronunciation)

Baker, John JBaker at STRADLEY.COM
Tue Jan 30 19:36:45 UTC 2001

        I've long wondered about the pronunciation of "celtic" with an
initial k.  Why should "celtic" be pronounced differently from any other
word anglicized from Latin?

        Of course, regardless of the pronunciation, there was no
justification for the basketball team's nouning of an adjective.  The Boston
team should have been named the Celts.

John Baker