Orin Hargraves OKH at COMPUSERVE.COM
Fri Jun 8 12:18:31 UTC 2001

Can anyone supply an American equivalent or near-equivalent of the UK term
"gating", in the sense "confining a pupil or student to a school or
college"? I can't think of anything better than grounding, but I wonder if
there is some more suitable term in use at private boarding schools.

Private replies are better as I don't always read the list, but I will for
a few days. Thanks to all.

Orin Hargraves

More information about the Ads-l mailing list