in his wheelhouse

Alice Faber faber at HASKINS.YALE.EDU
Tue Jun 12 04:10:46 UTC 2001

In penance for having forgotten the Pacific Coast League, I did some
searching. Rigney died this February, so there were a lot of obituaries out
there. I couldn't find his complete career (including minor league stops),
because Netscape crashed (twice, on the same page). However, he was a
native Californian (Alameda). He played for the Giants in New York, and was
named manager following Leo Durocher. The only career stop I could find
from near a big river was a post-Giants stint managing the Minnesota Twins.

270 Crown St                                   faber at haskins.yale.edu
New Haven, CT 06511                               afaber at wesleyan.edu