New York Brand "Original Texas Toast" (from Ohio, by the Penn Family)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sat Jun 23 09:47:03 UTC 2001

   This continues a discussion of "Texas toast," which will probably make DARE.
   This fine-tasting item recently arrived at my local Food Emporium.  The box does not provide a web site, but has this:

NEW YORK(TM) BRAND
The Original
 TEXAS
-CHEESE-
 TOAST
*REAL* Mozzarella -and- Provolone
8 INDIVIDUAL SLICES
NET WT. 13.5 OZ.
$3.59

(No "TM" for "Texas Toast"?--ed.)

Why New York Brand, Texas Cheese Toast, made in Ohio?

In 1920, the Penn Family moved their small bakery from New York to Ohio.  After successfully selling frozen garlic bread under the New York Brand name, someone suggested making individual, "Texas-sized" slices of garlic toast.  America's favorite garlic bread was born--Texas Garlic Toast.

And now we've added REAL mozzarella and provolone cheese.  So, look for all our Texas Garlic Toast and all our other great Texas Toast products under the New York Brand name.

NEW YORK FROZEN FOODS, INC.
BOX 29163, COLUMBUS, OH 43229