New York Brand "Original Texas Toast" (from Ohio, by the Penn Family)

Evan Morris words1 at WORD-DETECTIVE.COM
Sun Jun 24 01:14:06 UTC 2001

At 05:47 AM 6/23/01, Bapopik at AOL.COM wrote:
>    This continues a discussion of "Texas toast," which will probably make
> DARE.
>    This fine-tasting item recently arrived at my local Food
> Emporium.  The box does not provide a web site, but has this:
>
>NEW YORK(TM) BRAND
>The Original
>  TEXAS
>-CHEESE-
>  TOAST
>*REAL* Mozzarella -and- Provolone
>8 INDIVIDUAL SLICES
>NET WT. 13.5 OZ.
>$3.59
>
>(No "TM" for "Texas Toast"?--ed.)
>
>Why New York Brand, Texas Cheese Toast, made in Ohio?

It's not bread.  Don't eat it.  There is no real bread in Central
Ohio.  The little general store nearest me (Millersport, OH, population
~600, not counting the residents of the live bait vending machine) sells
this "New York Brand" dreck.  It is way beyond awful.

The Kroger 20 miles away sells Ecce Panis bread, though where they get it
is unclear.  Too bad they're about to go out of business.

--
Evan Morris
words1 at word-detective.com
http://www.word-detective.com