"Italglish" (like Spanglish)

Thu Mar 8 18:40:47 UTC 2001

Robert Di Pietro, of the U of Delaware, did extensive work on American
Italian (with subdivisions between Standard Am Ital, Koine Am Ital,
Sicilian Am Ital, etc.) as well as Italianized English; the two phenomena
overlap, as they do in all immigrant groups (see E. Haugen on American
Norwegian, and of course the vast literature on Spanish-influenced English
and English-influenced Spanish).