Moor/more

Kim & Rima McKinzey rkmck at EARTHLINK.NET
Wed Apr 24 03:03:32 UTC 2002

On the radio yesterday I heard an ad (I think for Alaska Airlines)
that played on the words Moor and more.  For those of us who make a
distinction in their respective pronunciations, the playing didn't
quite work.  But it did make me wonder where the boundaries are for
the distinction or lack thereof.  I've merged pore/pour - but not
poor (grew up NYC, lived other half of my life so far in SF Bay
Area).  My husband - grew up in Oklahoma/Illinois says them all
identically.

Rima