bois vs. boys

Mark A Mandel mam at THEWORLD.COM
Thu Aug 15 15:52:01 UTC 2002

This (off-topic) exchange occurred on an sf mailing list, and is posted
here by permission of the person quoted, "Nytemuse", who remarked:

        Heck, include the "name" & e-dress, for all I care.
        It's a non-traceable alias anyway *shrug*

---------- Forwarded message [slightly edited] ----------
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 18:11:27 -0700 (PDT)
From: Nytemuse

On Wed, 14 Aug 2002, Mark A Mandel wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Aug 2002, Nytemuse wrote:
> #Ooh!  Ooh!  I can help with that!  Not myself personally (not quite Asian,
> #but the latter part, sure), but I know cute little girls and bois of many
> #types.  :)  How I love San Francisco...*giggle*

> What's the difference between a boy and a boi?

Personal preference...bois are generally the cool ones who are, if not
either goth, poly, bi/gay, or into BDSM, are at least tolerant of it.
Mature boys, but possibly not quite "men", in the way the rest of the
world see men.  I use "boy" as more of a mildly derogatory "you haven't
grown up yet, so you're still a boy" term.