tangentially related to dialect variation

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Wed Feb 20 18:32:15 UTC 2002

Making the rounds of the internet and appearing in at least one
front-page story, but in each case with the facts wrong, is the
following little tidbit:

What event will we be able to celebrate at 8:02 tonight (regardless
of which time zone we happen to be in) that hardly ever occurred
before and that will occur only once again in history?

(Answer to follow in a message whose Subject line will read "Answer
to query"--don't open that message if you want to figure out the
answer for yourself.)

larry