"popcorn windows"

Steve Kl. stevekl at PANIX.COM
Wed Jan 16 14:15:02 UTC 2002

On Tue, 15 Jan 2002, Erin McKean wrote:

> Has anyone seen a cite for this (other than the Spider Robinson one
> that comes up on Google?)
> I'm assuming that it means the pop-up and pop-under windows that
> spawn from so many web pages these days. I think it's a useful term.
> (Gareth, I think this is a good candidate for Jargon Watch...)

Erin: Is this the same phenomenon as "whack-a-mole" (which I belive
Gareth's covered? That is, does it refer to the steady barrage of windows
that pop up when one surfs, usually unwittingly, onto such a site?

-- Steve Kl.

More information about the Ads-l mailing list