confused

James A. Landau JJJRLandau at AOL.COM
Mon Jan 28 01:42:46 UTC 2002

In a message dated 01/26/2002 4:08:58 PM Eastern Standard Time,
RonButters at AOL.COM writes:

>   Words of the Year need not necessarily be new, right? For that matter,
>  "9/11" is not really "new"--it just took on a new significance (cf. "Fourth
>  of July").

In a message dated 01/27/2002 3:21:14 PM Eastern Standard Time,
editor at VERBATIMMAG.COM writes:

>  ["starchitect"] showed up in the (Chicago) Tribune Arts section today and
I was
>  all set to put it on my list for WOTY next year until a quick Google
>  search showed it to have quite a few hits, some from a year or so
>  back.

Now I'm confused.

         -Jim Landau

P.S. In case anyone be interested, I posted my post about "Ground Zero"
because I somehow got the impression that people thought "ground zero" was a
new coinage rather than having been around for over half a century.