Jewish Museum food

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Wed Jul 10 18:12:09 UTC 2002

   Greetings from Berlin.  I leave for Vienna tomorrow...No confrontations with a New York Post gossip columnist today...FUN FACT:  This Hyatt is opposite the State Library, which has all six volumes of Gerald Cohen's STUDIES IN SLANG.  Nothing too interesting in the cookbook department, though.

JEWISH MUSEUM
   Today was spent at the Jewish Museum and a Concentration Camp.
   These Jewish, European delicacies were spotted at the Museum Cafe:

NEW YORK DELI HOT-DOG VOM GEFLUGEL  2 euro
BEN & JERRYS KOSHERE EISCREME
   2.50 euros  100 ml
   7.40 euros  500 ml

   I told my tour guide that I was especially interested in the food section, so of course he walked right past it without pointing it out.  Story of my life.
   It's an interesting museum, but the food section is not part of that interest.  It occupies only a display case or two--this in Europe's most famous and most visited Jewish Museum?  (There were no historical dreidels either, but that's another story.)
   On book was displayed--DIE PRAKTISCHE ISRAELITISCHE KOCHIN (Hamburg, 1890) by Rebekka Herte.  There was one NOTEBOOK WITH RECIPES FOR KOSHER DISHES, dated March 25, 1884.  There were some knosher knives from the 19th century.  And that's about it.  The bookstore sold THE BOOK OF JEWISH FOOD by Claudia Roden.  This is not good.

MISC.:

BURN OR BULLSHIT--Seen an an advertising sign over a roadway.

DOUBLE VICTIM--Israel Singer of the World Jewish COngress said he coined this term.

ANOTHER FUN FACT--I'm typing for five minutes, and six people have asked if I'm done.  I'M DONE!!!!!!!!!