catercorner

Peter A. McGraw pmcgraw at LINFIELD.EDU
Tue Jul 23 23:55:33 UTC 2002

I seem to remember first hearing it as "catty-corner" but then hearing
"kitty-corner" more often and gradually adjusting my own usage.  This shift
may have coincided with our move from So. California to Oregon when I was
in 5th grade, but I wouldn't swear to it.

PMc

--On Tuesday, July 23, 2002 4:38 PM -0700 Anne Gilbert