good (adv.)

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Fri Jul 26 19:07:03 UTC 2002

At 1:43 PM -0400 7/26/02, Mark A Mandel wrote:
>On Fri, 26 Jul 2002, Mai Kuha wrote:
>
>#Nice to see this feature making its way to more formal registers. This is
>#from a dissertation abstract:
>#
>#"(...) In the retelling of previously read stories the three groups
>#performed relatively good both at the micro- and the macrolinguistic level
>#of processing. (...)"
>
>Obviously a case of "your mileage may vary". My reaction is "ugh!"

My reaction, given the context--
======
New Dissertation Abstract

Institution: University of Rome, La Sapienza
Program: PhD in linguistics
Dissertation Status: Completed
Degree Date: 2002
Author: Andrea Marini

Dissertation Title:

The role played by the right hemisphere in the organization of complex
textual structures

Linguistic Field: Psycholinguistics, Neurolinguistics

Subject Language: Italian

Dissertation Director 1: Carlo Caltagirone
=========
is "non-native speaker", hence not really relevant for a "nice" or an "ugh".

Larry